The Three kingdoms

A simple forum where we may discuss the development, ideas and bringing back of TCK/TTK/IoS/RoR on NwN.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ideas and Planning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artimas
Admin

PostSubject: Ideas and Planning   Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:38 am

Ideas may be posted under this thread to contribute to the overall development and resurrection of the server.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thethreekingdoms.forum-board.net
Artimas
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and Planning   Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:16 pm

So while we wait for an answer regarding hosting/framework, the ideas we have so far are as follows.

A lich king plot, Demi-Gods, an area with a tesseract/singularity and pretty much the inside of a black hole due to the implosion that had happened.

We need to work on the tilemaps, we also need to figure out what we're keeping and what we're plucking out.. To my understanding the cities are staying, though in ruins. The artifacts and lore will be added around these areas, such as Corin's sword, etc.

Are we keeping the original gemstones or not? Perhaps buried in the tesseract or in control of the 'lich king'?
Back to top Go down
Artimas
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and Planning   Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:40 pm

With the Lich King plot, if that's the road we're even going to take.. I have written some more ideas regarding it, a bit more in depth than when they were presented originally. It should be a bit easier to visualize.

So the plane imploded which would have sent a burst of both divine and arcane magic/energy through-out the plane, this would be after the initial 'imploding' or 'suction' effect was done and through. The burst of energy would have effected some areas negatively and some of it would have effected other areas positively.. This will create a sort of balance of horror yet still the plane will consist and remain awe-like and breath taking/beautiful. The 'horror' areas should be kind of "far realm" or just very dark themed, being at an obvious disposition with what had been Nature and part of the plane originally before the implosion/explosion.

The 'positive' effect I speak of is more so an enhancement to the normal Nature that was already existing and positioned on the plane, perhaps even bringing about very powerful magical entities of which could align with neutrality or even good, perhaps, though I would suggest they are beautiful creatures, similar to succubus, charming yet innocent rather than 'seductive' or manipulative.

So as this burst of energy rippled through-out the plane there would be remains of an entity that had dealt with the original creation of the plane, meaning Mephisto was not the creator at all, but more so a pawn or fake ploy to take eyes off of the original antagonist. This entity would have been a long time scholar, an Arcanist with a touch of Divine power as well as he would/could also answer to a higher power. "Demi-god or full god." (If full god, no presence on the plane will ever be made.. If a demi-god we can discuss a very rare appearance, only to prove his existence and a slight exchange to create RP and get it rolling, unless we decide not to take that route at all. NO fighting would take place, more so just an exchange of words/threats even. I personally think that a god diving down from the sky to land in a kneel, causing a ripple effect into the stone cobble of a city would look bad ass, and exit being him diving back into the sky at light-speed to never reappear unless we of course decided to turn him into the plot more so directly later on.)

So the way in which this being would be animated would be due to a bunch of lost scrolls hidden in a phylactery or (Metallic enchanted box that would require power to unlock) these scrolls contained runes and incantation but were not yet finished you see, what they lacked was the arcane energy or/and divine magic, the power of which the implosion/explosion would provide/release would then surge through the plane effecting this particular place of where his corpse had been resting in that 'negative' manner, the phylactery would absorb said divine/arcane energy and finish the scrolls, a sort of enchantment upon them if you will, the Lich would rise and at first be confused and not knowing where he was in time or if he even remained on the same plane, all of that. Once the demi-god spoke to him through divinity he would understand his mission, the who's, why's, what's, where, etc. (If we choose a demi-god.)
The scrolls would then be completed and provided with the power it needed to bring about the Lich King, of which he would be very possessive of and protect seeing as it is what keeps him as an immortal. (To destroy a lich, you must destroy the phylactery, this part of the plot -will- be hidden until one with knowledge of lich lore or IC hints were given as to how to destroy it completely.)

So this is what I have so far, tell me what you think, revise it, and critique it, that's what ideas are for. Hopefully it makes more sense than when i said "A jump-start, similar to a defibrillator".
Back to top Go down
Artimas
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and Planning   Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:24 pm

A few ideas from Skype. Azi's-

Why don't we make resource gathering. Like wood cutting, mining, etc etc. If you turn in the resources into your city treasury, you obtain a labor percentage for the resources you obtain for your city. This way players have an actual contribution to the expansion and wealth of their city

City leaders can use these resources to expand their city or bolster up defenses.
Back to top Go down
Spinilith

PostSubject: faction leaders   Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:45 pm

[7:22:34 PM] spinilith: actually.....
[7:22:45 PM] spinilith: I think we should allow for political corruption in cities.
[7:22:51 PM] spinilith: it would be a nice plot twist.
[7:23:29 PM] spinilith: Just if someone is going to be a corrupt leader they have to be aware there char can be perm killed if caught. I think if your giving people better gear for being leaders, that should be in there.
[7:23:36 PM] spinilith: Char can be perm killed and gear lost.
[7:24:23 PM] spinilith: Great rewards need great risks to go with them.
But, yeah I think any leader should be perm killable. Not an easy thing..... that could actually tie really well into the warzone. Like the leaders life is connected to the gems. If they hold all the gems for 24 hours they gain enough power that if they so chose they could perm kill a leader. Then the leaders would be forced to participate both in the warzone to protect themselves the gems and there cities and they would have to rp and be active outside the warzone to recruit for there city.
Back to top Go down
Mad_Martigan77

PostSubject: or....    Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:42 pm

just thought i'd say hello...
Back to top Go down
Artimas
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and Planning   Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:55 pm

Mad_Martigan77 wrote:
just thought i'd say hello...

Hey man, I haven't seen you in such a long time, how you been?
Back to top Go down
Mad_Martigan77

PostSubject: still kicking   Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:46 pm

Still kicking. Been pondering the same old crazy idea i've been kicking around for years. The problem being it is a full on adult game with BDSM, M/S stuff. I just might get around to it though. Seems there really is nothing good for kinksters and Masters anymore that is worthwhile.

By the way... the comment about the gems... they were sort of a symbol i created. The idea being this.....

TCC was the crown cities... aka the three cities... aka good,neutral, evil. I created the gems really just to kick off the game I had in mind. Give people a reason to defend or go out and rape and pillage. In retrospect I was really impressed just how much people liked my work and the lengths they went to get it. Kind of a bit sad but being older now I look at it like the people who download movies, songs and music.
Back to top Go down
Spinilith

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and Planning   Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:44 pm

Mad man! I miss you. I don't know if you remember me I used to dm for you. I want tcc back. Seriously if you have that server I will host it for you! I hosted for you once before and it went pretty well. Again, dont know if you remember. But I've got a badass 3,500 dollar computer (its mac) and real fast internet, so if your interested I think everybody here would love to have you back.
Back to top Go down
Artimas
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and Planning   Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:48 pm

Mad_Martigan77 wrote:
Still kicking. Been pondering the same old crazy idea i've been kicking around for years. The problem being it is a full on adult game with BDSM, M/S stuff. I just might get around to it though. Seems there really is nothing good for kinksters and Masters anymore that is worthwhile.

By the way... the comment about the gems... they were sort of a symbol i created. The idea being this.....

TCC was the crown cities... aka the three cities... aka good,neutral, evil. I created the gems really just to kick off the game I had in mind. Give people a reason to defend or go out and rape and pillage. In retrospect I was really impressed just how much people liked my work and the lengths they went to get it. Kind of a bit sad but being older now I look at it like the people who download movies, songs and music.

Yeah, I don't know what to do man.. the sinfar host wants to restrict a lot of things if we have him host it.. but the thing is we'll get his framework and all of the new haks and what not.. i'd prefer to start back on TTK or RoR, but I only have the mod after they screwed it up..

CorruptionOverwhelming/Cattan is the one trying to make a rebirth of the server hosted under the rentable Sinfar servers.

So I am not sure on what to do really.

A lot of people loved your server, I still do.. Was the best server I ever played on NwN, hands down. There are a handful of people, maybe even more that would play it.. it's just the haks and cep are out dated on both styss and anything older. Not many people are adding their ideas here either.
Back to top Go down
Artimas
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and Planning   Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Spinilith wrote:
Mad man! I miss you. I don't know if you remember me I used to dm for you. I want tcc back. Seriously if you have that server I will host it for you! I hosted for you once before and it went pretty well. Again, dont know if you remember. But I've got a badass 3,500 dollar computer (its mac) and real fast internet, so if your interested I think everybody here would love to have you back.

I second that. Me and Spin both supported the server when you hosted after they stole the mod on RoR... I got banned for that, but worth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and Planning   

Back to top Go down

Ideas and Planning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1